San Gregorio VII


Directions

Overview

The Church of Saint Gregory VII is a Roman Catholic parish church on the Via del Cottolengo in Rome dedicated to Saint Gregory VII. It was built by Mario Paniconi and Giulio Pediconi from 1960 to 1961, to serve a parish erected by Pope Pius XII in 1952. Its roof is held up by 10 concrete piers, and is structurally independent of the walls, which end before they reach the roof . It is a parish church, served by Franciscans; in the crypt is a depiction of the Life of St Francis of Assisi in an unusual stone inlay technique. San Gregorio VII has been a titular church since 1969. The current Cardinal Priest of the Titulus Chiesa di San Gregorio VII is Moran Mor Baselios Cardinal Cleemis Catholicos, the Major Archbishop of Trivandrum.

Credits: Content from Wikipedia